Monday, August 28, 2006

Page 58: thumbnails to final

Here is another page, broken down from thumbnails to the final page. This one has dialogue, so as you can see, planning it was a bit more messy.
Again, the pencils were done on the train into work. I made up a new panel that wasn't thumbnailed as I was pencilling to fill some space. (the middle right panel). I find it hard to plan everything out in the thumbnail stage. It is more of a jumping off point for me (just getting something down to have a visual start). Once I start pencilling in the actual page, I get a much better feel for what I can and can't fit into a page. I can feel if the panels are flowing or reading much better.
Inked and ready for tones.
The final page, as it appears in the comic. Tones done in photoshop.

6 Comments:

Blogger craig said...

coolio Blair! I like seein the pro-cess

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these up,it's great to see the behind the scenes,hahah..

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I can post a comment now!Horrrray
Lookin good sweet cheeks!!Hey forget the phone we can blog eachother....like...we need milk.
that way if you forget some one else who visits your sight can buy us the milk instead,wow we can save awhole lot of money too!...Horrray!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Blair Kitchen said...

thanks guys.... and Rochelle, I need my underwear ironed for tomorrow as well.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Sam Chou said...

hey Blair,
When are you going to be at the booth?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Blair Kitchen said...

It is open to the public at 2:00 on Friday. I'm going to try to be there the entire time, up to Sunday night. What day are you going to be going? I'll be there (except for the odd washroom break).

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home